Friday, January 2, 2009

PAYDAY

Myah's 1st allowance. This is an experiment and so far it's working wonderfully. Myah wanted chores and she wanted money. So now she gets a quarter a week for each chore completed (some everyday and some are just once a week). She was so stoked to have assigned chores that she woke up early and put took all the silverware out of the dishwasher and put it away. What would have been more cool is if the dishes had actually been clean at the time...
I hope the dedication continues after the novelty wears off.

If you are trying to read Myah's list of chores it says
1) Make bed
2) Put away silverware
3) Put away toys
4) Clean windows on door
5) Wipe down doorhandles (with a disinfectant wipe, once a week)
6) Put dishes in sink
7) Put clothes in basket
8) Help fold and put laundry away

There are quite a few things on the list I think she should do for free since they are her things and she made the mess, but I have to give in sometimes. And besides 25cents per job, per week is rather affordable for a housekeeper. If you are following the math it comes to $2 a week.
Aevyn got 2 nickels this week. One for being cute and the other for being nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave Ramsey would be so proud.
Hey Shay I will give you a quarter if you come to my house and clean it up!

Vernon's Minion said...

Don't tell Ava. I get her to pick up her toys by pulling out Roomba. Hahaha it will eat your toys. I am sure this will be brought up in one her future therapy sessions.

Anonymous said...

I had a list just like that for Avery with pictures and everything. I did it on a big dry erase board and drew lines so I could mark each time he did one. It worked great! You're girls are just so darn cute!