Monday, December 8, 2008

Cruise pictures! First Excursion, Part I

First Port of Call for the Carnival Legend- Grand Cayman
The first half of the day was spent with the children, doing what they chose to do- the Pirate Ship. A real one, with real pirates.

Happy family picture:



Uh-oh
We got on the pirate ship and Myah suddenly realized that these were NOT the Veggie Tale Pirates that she was expecting


What would I laugh at if I didn't have kids?
Part of the purchase price of our experience was to include swimming. I assumed that this would mean finding a sweet little beach somewhere and we could splash around. Wrongo.


They dropped anchor in the middle of the sea and started passing around life jackets.

Aevyn's reaction to being thrown into the ocean? BRING IT ON


And they brought it on, indeed.


Someone had to walk the plank

Eventually Myah did agree to go into the water with me so we could justify the cost of booking an excursion through the cruise. That lasted about 4 minutes. Then rum punch was enjoyed by all.

Afterwards, the kids got dropped off in the blessing that is Camp Carnival. Kyle and I got to go out and enjoy Grand Cayman (that is what the next post will be about- look for it above...)

No comments: