Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I not only play a super hero on the internet, I happen to be one in real life too

Check out my muscles. I single-handely moved over 170 old cinder blocks. I borrowed a truck, drove to Gulf Breeze, loaded up the blocks into the truck (admittedly, I did have a little help there), drove back, unloaded, stacked, and then repeated until they were all done. And I brought the little girls with me too. I love them, but they are not helpful when it comes to moving heavy stuff.
The ultimate goal is to create a bunch of raised garden beds and fill them with real good dirt and hopefully be successful at growing something in the future.


The view from the top of the stack:


Like the remains of an ancient civilization...
The Stack (all 170+ blocks are NOT in the stack. Dozens are scattered around the yard. the remain where i threw them)
Myah thinks we are going to build a castle. That'll be my back up plan for if my garden beds are a failure too.

Potentially sort of what the garden beds will look like. this is a rough draft. See how that shovel is sticking up in the dirt (har har, I mean worthless sand)....that shovel represents the fact that I should rent a tiller but it's not in my Dave Ramsey-approved budget. Fortunately, I have budgetted for a chiropractor appointment very very soon.

Another rough draft. you see those holes in the cinder blocks? Those will someday hold nice cascading flowers or tasty herbs...

1 comment:

Vernon's Minion said...

Ava wants a garden now and I blame you. Learn lots and pass on the info so I don't fail miserably next spring.