Monday, May 4, 2009

Early May Garden Update

One of my 2 favorite garden pests.

I had so many tomato sproutlets this year that I felt compelled to make another garden bed out of some old logs. I started way too many seeds because I didn't really have faith in myself that they would grow...well they did! And I didn't have the heart to throw them out. So I HAD to build a new bed.
The red plastic on them supposedly increases their output by 20%. Because obviously I'm going to need all the extra tomatoes I can get.
And look- there's my other favorite garden pest!

Buds on the purple pepper!

The first little baby tomato of the year. Its a mystery as to what it is... My Gardening Gal Pal Anne gave me this as a sproutlet and then we both forgot exactly what this was. Best guess is some sort of roma. Whatever it is, I'm so happy to have it!

1 comment:

Vernon's Minion said...

We have a pot of strawberries, a pot of rosemary and a pot of cucumber and nothing has died yet. *knock on wood* This week we are going to make a little garden in the ground out back for carrots, broccoli and celery. Wish us luck.