I did not bring my camera to Alaska, so all I've got is a few pics my mom sent me
Amy and I playing darts like pros. It's in our blood...look at that form
Cackling over a delicious witch's brew (My mom's family in Missouri sent a beautiful ham packed in dry ice, and everyone knows dry ice is not to be wasted)
Planting a tree.
This is a special tree because under it, we buried Aevyn's placenta. What?!?!?!
Yes, we saved the placenta after Aevyn's birth and kkept it in my parents' freezer for nearly two years (CLEARLY labelled). Why did we do that? Pretty much because we could...why not?
Aevyn was a good helper
There it goes
And a beautiful Christmas Tree to be planted on top.
I'm glad we finally got this thing in the ground. As luck would have it, I've had a placenta conversation twice in the past week or so, once in A&P class and once with Kyle's pregnant sister. A lot of people out there just can't believe that people actually save their placentas. They do, and we did. And now I'm glad I can honestly say it's been planted.
***Stay Tuned for Virginia road trip pictures!***
4 comments:
Thanks for changing the blog my beautiful darter....I mean daughter. What an adorable house your parents live in
LMAO at your perfect darting form! So cool that you planted the placenta! You know how I feel about them *wink*
Placenta . . . ewww! Did you defrost it first? I know I am so not hippie PC. I am already dreading my girls teeth falling out. Blaine knows he will be handling that in this household.
Bobo is right! that house is adorable!
The Aevyn tree completes the look. I am glad you're back.
Post a Comment