Friday, April 25, 2008

Garden update

By popular request- a ShayGardens update

This is a pumpkin blossom (I think, it started growing in the compost and then got transplanted into my garden because it just seemed like a good idea)

Here's the whole thing. Note how much I've added. It'll be more impressive when the plants get large enough to see with the naked eye. Trust me, things are growing

and please just ignore how wonderful Joe and Janey's lawn looks and how tragic ours is in comparison. Should all hell break loose someday (yo Mom), you'd be happy to have my pumpkin compost garden to eat from.

A wild baby (on stumps I "planted" for the girls because that too seemed like a good idea. For playing. It's cute ok? You'll have to trust me again on this one)

The howl of the wild baby

Herbs and bird house gourds started in paper cups and some Myah experiments. And Myah's purple octopus (?) watering can


1 comment:

Vernon's Minion said...

I totally haven't killed AvaElizabeth's wheat grass yet. Darn that wonderful preschool. Your plants are beautiful and so are your stumps.